Friday, December 23, 2011

Market Analyst Gibberish

As I have often mentioned before, I have made a unique mini-career of looking at almost 1,600 investment strategies used by investors over the years. I have investigated the advantages and disadvantages of each.

And I can tell you there are some worthwhile concepts as well as gibberish in all. But no panacea exists among them.

I always recommend the use of index mutual funds and established ETFs (Exchange Traded Funds).

Analysts are constantly looking for stock market winners. My comments hold for efforts of the so-called fundamentalist analysts who evaluate individual companies, seeking investment opportunities.

This certainly applies to market technicians as well. They have a whole panoply of theories about market direction that have little to do with corporate earnings and mostly to do with market swings, ( See the Earl J Weinreb NewsHole® comments.)

No comments:

Post a Comment