Thursday, April 1, 2010

Buying Investments From Ads

Ads give you only the pros, and not the cons of investments being proposed. So why take the advice? Yet, so many investors learn about investments they buy solely from ads, and salesmen.

I mention, from time to time, that I have now researched over 1,600 investment strategies, either occasionally or frequently used. I have also looked into the pros and cons of each. And I have not found one that has an exclusive advantage, without at least one disadvantage.

One example: Purveyors of gold investments may be selling one type without discussing various forms that can be bought. Or whether everyone ought to be buying gold, even with inflation looming. The public never gets full information, nor pros and cons.

And I haven’t as yet mentioned that investor age, family status, personal psychology, finances and risk status, have lots to do with investment choice,

No comments:

Post a Comment